Benefits of Parsley:
- Treats Acne and pimples, fights aging,
- reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, skin whitening,get rid of skin pigmentation, removes dark circles, cleanses the skin and removes dirt, removes dead skin cells, calms irritated skin,relieves insects bites.
- It's vitamin C content helps to maintain the collagen and elastin.
- It contains powerful antioxidants, Vitamins and minerals.
- Improve blood circulation in the face.
Parsley in cosmetics:
Skin is a protective covering and an attractive feature for both men and women. It forms an important part of personal appearance. But Oily skin can be a challenge. It is usually seen on thicker, larger pores skin and contributes to blemishes. The Parsley leaves extract (juice) is used in this project to study oil control property. The latin name used for parsley (Petroselinum hortense), is formed from two Greek words: “petros” which means “stone” and “selinon” which means “celery. It is important to mention that parsley contains more vitamin C than lemon, orange or any other fruit ie more than 50mg/100g of Parsley. It has abundant quantities of other vitamins and minerals such as: pro vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, vitamin K, beta-carotene, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, sodium, potassium, sulfur and calcium. Parsley has long been widely used in cosmetics to freshen the face, discoloration, freckles and dark age spots, wrinkles and prevent the occurrence of red spots, strengthen and grow hair. The Cleanser base was selected with the 2% and 4% concentrations of the active which then subjected to its in-vivo study in order to evaluate its oil control property using Sebometer. The 4% concentration of parsley leaf extract was found to be effective oil controlling agent.